HBO Max not Working Issue on Samsung TV: Are you a Samsung Smart TV user? Then, you are one of the lucky smart TV users. Yes, Samsung Smart TVs are one of the best devices to use for streaming. It allows you to download and install various smart apps that you can use for online media streaming. One of those apps is HBO Max. Surely, it will bring you some amazing and unique content that every people will love.
But the frustrating part is when the app stops serving content or stops working altogether. It becomes more annoying when you are eager to watch your favorite movies or TV show on HBO Max. In such a case, we are looking for a customer care number to report the issue. But wait a minute. Why call an agent when you can fix this error yourself. Yes, the following guide will provide you with complete solution methods to get the HBO Max app working on your Samsung Smart TV.
How to Fix HBO Max not Working Issue on Samsung TV?
- Check the Internet Connection
- Restarting your Router
- Power Cycle your Samsung TV
- Freeing up some space on your Samsung TV
- Updating HBO Max
1. Check the Internet Connection:
As soon as the HBO Max app fails to load on your Samsung Smart TV, the first thing you should do is check the internet connection with your Samsung TV. Because HBO Max is an online streaming app that requires an internet connection to load content. You can easily check your Samsung TV internet connection using the steps given below.
- Initially navigate to the home screen and turn on your Samsung TV and navigate to the home screen.
- Now, just go to your settings icon remembered on the home screen.
- Go to the General menu and select the Network Status option. With the information mentioned on this page, you can verify whether your Samsung TV is connected to the Internet or not.
2. Restarting your Router:
If the problem isn’t with your smart TV, it could be with your wireless router. Sure, a router is a device that supplies internet to smart TV, your smartphone, and many other smart devices in your home. The problem with that device is that every device that depends on it stops working. Following are the steps by which you can easily restart your router.
- First, unplug the power cable and urn off your router from the socket.
- Wait some time and plug the cable into the power socket again.
3. Power Cycle your Samsung TV:
The term power cycling refers to restarting and refreshing your Samsung TV. Sure, it will also refresh the existing apps on the respective device. It fixes technical glitches that cause apps to stop working. Follow the steps given below to easily power cycle your Samsung Smart TV.
- Turn off your Samsung TV and unplug the power cord from the power socket.
- Wait a few seconds or minutes, then plug the power cable back into the socket and power it up.
- Turn on your Samsung Smart TV and then check and to open the HBO Max.
4. Freeing up space on your Samsung TV:
Every app on your smart TV creates some invisible data that is stored in the background. It becomes useless when you don’t use the respective app. Sure, the problem is that never-used apps cache and useless data can affect the performance of the basic app we want to use. Use the following steps to fix this problem yourself.
- Navigate to the Home screen on your Samsung Smart TV.
- Then, move to the Apps category.
- Now click on the gear icon at both corners.
- Also, select the app you want to delete from your device.
- Finally, click on the Uninstall button to completely remove the particular app.
5. Updating HBO Max:
Sometimes, the old version of the app doesn’t work properly. This is due to some technical glitches and bugs in the app. So updating apps is essential to get a seamless streaming experience on your Samsung Smart TV. Use the steps provided below to update the HBO Max app on your Smart TV.
- Go to the Apps section from your Samsung TV home screen.
- Then, tap on the gear icon and select the Updates option.
- Now select the HBO Max app from the list.
- To update the HBO Max app on your Samsung Smart TV, select the respective app and click on the Update button.
We hope the above article has cleared your queries related to the HBO Max app on Samsung TV. Due to various reasons, apps on smart TV may stop working. Certainly, the main reason is the lack of internet connectivity. Without an internet connection, HBO Max is an icon on your smart TV. An internet connection is essential to load and stream content via HBO Max on your Samsung TV. Use the article mentioned above to fix HBO Max not working issue on Samsung Smart TV.