With the growing popularity of battle royale games, many developers have tried their hands in this genre. Fortnite by Epic Game Studios is one of the most popular battle royale games, the game has been nominated and won multiple critics’ awards. Fortnite still sees one of the highest player logins for any online multiplayer game. Some Windows 10 Fortnite users have reported a problem which is Fortnite error code 20006. Fortnite launch error 20006 prevents users from opening the game and users are unable to open the play different games on their Windows 10 devices.
Fortnite error code 20006 is related to the anti-cheat service, which is used to prevent users from gaining an unfair advantage over others using malicious means. There is also a possibility that the different game files may be corrupted or missing. Even if your device has the module, this usually results in the game not being able to verify the anti-cheat module.
Three Methods To Solve The Fortnite Error Code 20006 On Windows 10?
- Repair the EasyAntiCheat Service
- Rename the EasyAntiCheat Driver
- Verify The Game Installation
1. Repair the EasyAntiCheat Service:
This is an anti-cheat service that the game uses to detect cheaters and hackers. It actively scans your setup for anything that could give you an unfair advantage over your opponents. However, sometimes this service gets broken and you have to repair it yourself to get rid of Fortnite error code 20006.
Related: What Kind of Motherboards do I have?
- You can search for the game’s main executable by clicking the search button and then typing Fortnite. However, right-click on the executable and select the Open File Location option from the context menu that appears.
- The default folder for installation is C >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite but it also depends on your computer architecture. You can also search for Fortnite by clicking the Start menu or the Search button, right-clicking the first entry, and selecting Open File Location.
- Either way, once you’re inside the Fortnite folder, navigate to FortniteGame >> Binaries >> Win64 (or Win32 depending on your OS) >> EasyAntiCheat. Inside you should see the EasyAntiCheat_Setup.exe file. Right-click on the “EasyAntiCheat_setup.exe” file in the folder and select the Run Administrator option from the context menu that appears.
- Confirm any UAC prompts that the file wants to make changes to on your computer and wait for its window to open.
- Make sure Fortnite is selected from the list of games and click the Repair Service button below. The “Installed Successfully” message will appear after a while so try restarting the game and checking if the Fornite error code 20006 still appears!
2. Rename the EasyAntiCheat Driver:
It’s probably a good idea to rename or disable EasyAntiCheat.Sys file in the System32 folder on your computer, because the game will download again as soon as you open it again. Even repairing or reinstalling your android device may not work properly if its drive has been damaged for a long time. This procedure is easy to implement and it can avoid additional problems.
- Navigate to this location on your computer by navigating to C >> Windows >> System32 after launching Windows Explorer. First, locate your local disk C and click This PC or My Computer from the left side pane to open it.
- If you cannot view the Windows folder, you may need to turn on the option that allows you to see hidden files and folders. Click the “View” tab on the top menu of File Explorer and click the “Hidden items” checkbox in the Show/Hide section of the menu. File Explorer shows hidden files and remembers these settings until you change them again.
- Locate the EasyAntiCheat.sys file in the System32 folder, right-click on it, and select Rename. Change its name to something like EasyAntiCheat.old.sys and press the Enter key to confirm your changes. Restart Fortnite and check if you still see error 20006 on startup!
3. Verify The Game Installation:
The game is not available on Steam and you also do not have access to the helper function Verify integrity of game files. Fortunately, different Games has decided to include this option in their Fortnite client, which usually does the same process. It actually scans your game installation for missing or corrupted sports files and re-downloads them with the intention of restoring your fun. Make sure you try it below!
- You need to open the main executable of the game by clicking the start menu button or the search button next to it and typing Fortnite. Either way, right-click on the executable and select the Open option from the context menu that appears.
- The default folder for installation is C >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite but it also depends on your computer architecture. You can also search for Fortnite by clicking the Start menu or the Search button and clicking the first entry.
- Click the cog icon next to the launch text in the Fortnite Launcher window, which should open a new menu.
- The process should take about 10 minutes. Check if any files have been downloaded again and restart Fortnite to see if the Fortnite error code 20006 still appears.
If you play Fortnite regularly, you will get very annoyed when you see launch errors on your computer. Now you know how to fix Fortnite error code 20006 using the solutions provided above.